1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's the Joker....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, May 20, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Tell me, was it a stick-up or hold up?

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That Joker is scary as hell. And completely appropriate for the world Nolan has tried to create.

Has it been said that Lee Meriwether was the other Catwoman? At least, I think she was.

I just love the old show: "Robin! They've taken our utility belts! We're helpless!!!!"

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Anyway, I'm starting to warm to what the new Joker will look like, mostly because it's the psychological portrayal that's the key. I just wanted the Joker to look mostly like what I'm used to seeing in the comics, but with a darker edge. I never liked the whole red lips thing, and the skin was too white. But that's just me.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Personally, I wish I hadn't even seen that pic of Heath Ledger at all. I would have loved to go in completely ignorant of what he was going to look like, just to experience the full impact of it. I'm sure it'll still be incredible.

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

'Good grammar is essential to crimefighting, Robin.'

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

this is NOT what I expected when I saw you were the last to reply on this thread. :D :D :D [/extreme inside joke]

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

OK, apparently I've been wrong all the long. My avatar is actually a photoshopped image of a silent film actor, Conrad Veidt, who played the lead in the film "The Man Who Laughs."

[​IMG]

This, in turn, was the inspiration for the Joker. That said, I still think this version looks the best, but I can live what we'll be seeing next year.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

You're avatar looks more like Robert Downey Jr. than Heath Ledger.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

You should run around the bases with one wing up Jeffrey Leonard-style after that upper-deck shot. Nicely played.

11. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Then WB isn't making sense because the feature-length movie was released years ago. Fucking idiot suits. Oh well, I'm still trying to finish up seasons of Lois & Clark and the 50s Superman.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Nolan/DC/WB is smart, they'd take the photoshop version to their makeup artists, and tell them to make Heath Ledger look exactly like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted