1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's how you deal with the swine flu.....send body bags

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 17, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Mike Reno in red leather pants 20 years ago? Soooooooooooooooooooo kewl.

Mike Reno in red leather pants today? Overstuffed sausage ... and by sausage, I mean, kielbasa.

2. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

In future news, Beef will ironically die of H1N1.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

While I would usually tend to agree with you (and initially did when I heard this MASS killer claimed like six lives), my ex-girlfriend works in the health department in my home state and I know they don't take it nearly as lightly.

They've already gone through many test runs of their protocols and she said they're preparing for another flare up of it this fall, with an eye toward preventing it from becoming a full-blown pandemic. The National Guard has run exercises to prepare to protect shipments of vaccines and the distribution centers are known by only a select few to prevent them from being overrun before they can get set up to properly handle crowds.

I think the more people are aware of it, the safer everyone is because they can make sure they get proper treatment of it immediately rather than spreading it many others (including the old, young and weak, who yes, may die from it).

That all said, TV news definitely overdramatizes it. We had someone in my office come down with it and she stayed out of work a few days, took some meds and was fine.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Sorry, I thought they were dealing with Rambo"

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

[size=10pt]
    IS NOT MY FAULT!​

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Swine.....yummmmmmmm

[​IMG]

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

So ... it would seem it wasn't the government's fault or Health Canada administration's fault ...

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/canada/2009/10/08/11340826-sun.html

OTTAWA -- Blame the body bags on an order to go big.

That's the finding of a Health Canada probe into why dozens of body bags were sent to a Manitoba reserve recently in what some took as a grim prognosis for the coming flu season.

Nurses in remote communities were advised to "order generously and fill supply rooms" ahead of a possible second wave of H1N1 flu.

The report found the head nurse for the Wasagamack First Nation ordered 100 body bags in August for the tiny community of 1,750 people.

Only 38 bags were actually delivered.

The nurse later told Health Canada she ordered so many body bags for Wasagamack because it's difficult to get supplies there.

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Nice to see some ex-Bush Administration officials have found work north of the border...

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You mean they didn't get the extra body bags because Harper hates the native people

I`m sure theres still a way to make him look bad in all of this.

Good thing we have Ignatieff coming in to save the day by jacking up taxes. What every Canadian wants to hear during a recession. Harper can probably be found dancing in the streets somewhere near Parliament Hill.

The latest poll on Federal party support from CBC. The Tories are up to 39.7 while the Liberals are down to 25.7.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/10/07/ekos-poll-federal-conservative-liberal-ndp-green-bloc.html?ref=rss

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

High fives on the Hill?

Hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted