1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's how you deal with the swine flu.....send body bags

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Chin straps?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Keeps the aboriginal headdress on. :)

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Friends off, 4VR!

4. Armchair_QB

Well that's awful thoughtful of them.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm sure, JR, that Harper was behind this specifically. Anyway to lighten the load in dealing with aboriginals. Hell, he probably helped in creating the strain to begin with with an eye to unleashing his devious plan to eventually send body bags to the territories. Are you kidding me? He was just up there specifically to deal with their wants and needs like two weeks ago. But I'm sure any and every screw up in the government has always been his fault directly.

Plus H1N1 is a load of crap, especially in Canada. Its this year's Y2K. Yes a few people have died, but to be a mass killer like bored news outlets have built it up to be is a load of crap. Almost all of those who have unfortunately succumbed to it already were either the young or old or had some preexisting ailment. It's the flu. It kills thousands of people every year. Except with this strain we can attach a catchy name to it and turn on that mass hysteria switch and sell some papers/increase TV viewing.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I saw a news report on how part of the swine flu preparation included ordering hundreds of thousands of these body bag kits and the Ontario business that made them. They were thrilled about it, obviously, and I don't remember any negative feedback from that story at the time.

Suddenly, because the aboriginals didn't expect it along with all the stuff they were given, it's anti-native and disrespectful? I'd wager that pretty much every health institution in the country receiving these kits isn't making a fuss about the body bags.

Whether the media overblows it is irrelevant. Fact is, the WHO has been formulating a pandemic plan for the past two decades, knowing one was imminent. Body bags were included in the plan. Governments were in on the plan. It doesn't bother me one bit if it's overkill, because all of this planning will save lives.

7. Armchair_QB

That's a very reasoned and rational response.

What the fuck are you doing hanging around here?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice use of the word overkill.

9. EE94

EE94 Guest

This is a bureaucratic fuckup, and nothing else.

I am in no way a supporter of the man, but to try to attach this to Harper and Harper policies is wrong.

This type of thing happens no matter who is in government.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You'll notice I don't post much. If I posted every thought I had, you'd all hate me.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Otherwise known as the BYH Theorem.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know, Loverboy was good at the beginning, but then they went too far. And got fat.

Draft saved Draft deleted