1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's a tip: Don't out a cheapskate pastor if you need your job

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Probably spends it on hookers and coke, or he might waste it on stupid stuff.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I guess if it's on FB it must be legally binding.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If I had a dollar today for every dollar I've spent on hookers and coke, I'd have a lot of money.

And then I would spend that money on hookers and coke.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Who said that?

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Apparently, the dimwitted Applebees flacks said the pastor was charged the 18 percent gratiuity.

By the by, I have zero tolerance for bigots, especially ones who wrap their bigotry in religion.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Where's the bigotry?
    The closest we've gotten to bigotry on this thread is some jokes about Christians.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

From the People that brought you the Inquisition and 1600 years of intolerance and war, I know you think you can take the abuse, but you can't. But i dare say more p[eople have been murdered, butchered, tortured, starved and forciably relocated in the name of Christ than for any other reason in history.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's very difficult to say. There's just no way to accurately count.
    Populations were smaller, and the means for killing were so inefficient
    Estimates for Mao and Stalin combine have been put at over 100 million, and that just two communist leaders.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I call Mao and Stalin with the Dark Ages and the Middle Ages, I raise you the Crusades, the enslavement of Africa and the genocide of the native peoples of North and South America, all in the name of Christ. Keeping the Catholic-Protestant European Wars on the table but not yet bet along with the Tsarist Russian pogroms against the Jews.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Geez, Stalin to place and Mao to show? Hitler doesn't even show?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He had a couple good years, but his otherwise first-ballot HOF career was tragically cut short. Mao and Stalin were high-level compilers.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Adolf Hitler : genocide :: Sandy Koufax : strikeouts

Edit: Damn it, LongTimeListener.

Draft saved Draft deleted