1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's a tip: Don't out a cheapskate pastor if you need your job

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Feb 1, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In today's edition of Jesus does a face palm, a storefront pastor in St. Louis got an Applebee's waitress fired. The offense? She snapped a picture of a receipt from a coworker's table and posted to Reddit.

[​IMG]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/01/31/applebees-waitress-fired-god-tip-receipt_n_2591794.html?icid=hp_front_popular_art

I think the waitress was in the wrong for posting it, especially with the signature so easy to identify. But is there a bigger dick move than scratching out the auto gratuity, putting down a zero and then playing the God card to somehow justify your rudeness and poor character?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

This happened in St. Louis, where I live. This woman is apparently a pastor of a 15-member church in the inner city that may or may not even still be open (The STL P-D says the phone for it has been disconnected and another church is at this Pastor's address). So she's basically being cheap, and I hope this pastor gets shamed into oblivion.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I saw this a couple of days ago and I love everything about this story. The pastor gets reamed nationally for being the petty bitch that she is. And the server gets fired for being the obnoxious bitch that she is, thinking everyone loves everything she does because she's the one doing it.

Plus I like Applebee's wings.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But she's a friend of JAYSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's stiffing the poor schlub waitress because Jaysus Would Want It That Way.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

WWJT?

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Applebee's is BY FAR America's worst chain restaurant. Overpriced, bland, microwaved food.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just the tip?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The only reason to go to Applebees is because there is no other restaurant in town and open. And yes, I've been to parts where that's the case.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do pastors really tithe? They are the ones who are supposed to "get" the 10 percent.

And if she gives God 10 percent, I'm curious where she sends the check.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You had me until this.

[​IMG]

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

If you don't want to be charged gratuity, don't take 20 of your friends to Applebee's. Or any restaurant for that matter. They all charge if you have a party of more than 8, because waiting on larger tables can be a major pain in the ass.

At least she didn't give her a religious pamphlet for her tip, like I did several times. (And my pastor always tipped me quite well when I was waitressing.)

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Where does gratuity come up?

Draft saved Draft deleted