1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

here's a surprise: Beckham already setting things up to miss half of NEXT season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yet more evidence that soccer in America is nothing more than a minor league sideshow and a nice way for suburban moms to entertain their kids for a few hours on weekends.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, Galaxy -- bend over for Beckham!

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yeah!!!

You said it, man! Soccer is boring! They should televise more poker. That's what this country needs. Stupid soccer with their stupid players and stupid soccer moms driving their stupid kids around.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Would that "evidence" be the Spanish television ratings for soccer being higher than NBA games on ABC? I just want to make certain.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Oh that's different

6. Armchair_QB

Illegal aliens like soccer? I'm shocked.

Hell, I was born here and I don't watch the NBA. That doesn't really prove anything.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Winterball leagues are considered offseason diversions by most players. EPL is The Show for a lot of footballers, and if he gets loaned out, is he going to be focused on getting ready for the MLS season or getting his bend on for the Red Devils? Does he play through pain more for Man U than the Galaxy? Is his mind on MLS or England? I think that's the fear. I don't imagine David Ortiz is going to take more chances for and be more focused on winterball than the Red Sox.

Plus he just got here. It already looks like he's trying to play both ends when he's barely played this end.

8. Armchair_QB

The "M" in MLS stands for "Minor", right? It sure looks that way. Beckham's here on an injury rehab assignment. He'll be back in the big leagues in January.

9. jboy

jboy Guest

Nominee for the stupidest fucking post of the day and it's not even lunch.

Damn, AQB. Did a soccer player beat you up when you were a little kid or something?

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Holy fucking racist Batman!

Maybe you should go back to watching that minor league team known as the Cubs. Your thought provoking, in depth analysis posts that consist of “I hate this fucking team” is awesome. You should keep that up. It seems like a real catch phrase.

Many say he has torn ligaments in his foot. I don’t know if there is more pain (aside from a break) that he could play through.

As to where his mind is… every soccer player has their mind on their national team. Beasley didn’t go to Rangers because it is the greatest team in the world, he went there because they play in the Champions League and it will keep his national team profile up.

Anyone stating otherwise is just lying.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

This story is a complete crock. I am amazed that seasoned journalists have no ability whatsoever to see through half-baked reporting. I would have expected so much more.
    That is all.

12. Armchair_QB

You know Pastor, if you don't like my "analysis" of the Cubs you don't have to read it. It's pretty fucking simple. But I guess that's too tough for you to handle.

And yeah, so more people watch soccer on Spanish language telly than watch the NBA on ABC? All that proves is that they hate pro basketball as much as the rest of America. I guess they really are assimilating...

Minor
    League
    Soccer

Draft saved Draft deleted