1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's a blast from the past....Cito Gaston is the new Jays' manager

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Thomas move was as much financial as anything else, but J.P. gave him that fucking contract that included the huge bonus for making the at bat incentive. Stairs has done a decent job in the role he's got.

J.P. ran Shannon Stewart out of town once and then couldn't wait to get him back here and gas Reed Johnson. He gave John MacDonald an extension and then brought in David Eckstein. Adam Lind is in Syracuse so he can play Brad Wilkerson and Kevin Mench. Oh yeah and he took Ricky Romero over Troy Tulowitzki.

Reek o' fail.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Great Move if they also bring back the Alomar and his tremendous ad for Mccain punch.

Catch Da Tatse!!

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Whatever. Cito still sucks. Even if Mussina does too now.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Didn't someone call this a few weeks ago?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Almost.

To replace Torre: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1460393/.

Again, to replace Torre: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1449033/.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I had to look at the date to be sure it was from this decade... no shit...

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

alomar will re-sign with the Jays if he can still stay at the Sky Dome hotel.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm flying a Canadian flag upside down in my office in honor of Gaston's return to Toronto.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I hope Riccardi goes too. He's always seemed like one of the biggest assclown GMs out there.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine's family had Jays' season's tickets from 1977 through 1994 and I was a regular at the games during the glory years. Robbie was probably the best player I've ever seen live.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Touch 'em all. Joe......."

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Gaston haaaaaaaaaated Timlin.

Alomar is the best player in the history of the franchise. He was the best second baseman in baseball while he was here.

Draft saved Draft deleted