1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here you go, Pastor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 3, 2007.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Notice I'm not denying that Hillary does these things, merely pointing out that when those on your side do, you don't call them on it. You watch. As Huckabee's standing rises, and I think it will continue to do so for at least a little while, he'll become more and more nuanced in his answers.

As for the Bush thing, huh?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Regarding Bush it was about his decision to go into Iraq...had he taken into account everything, including the administrative push, and hesitated - as to say he wasn't ready or didn't know if there was enough evidence to warrant the full scale overthrow - the doves that fly so freely at this site would have been chirping his praises.

3. If Bush had said "I don't know" before pushing on with his glorious clusterfuck, I know 3000-odd Americans who would have been around to cheer him on.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Just to "right" the ship after that gust blew through....

We're winning in Iraq now. You do keep up with the news these days, don't you? It might have been a clusterfuck at one point, or seemed like it by the voices you listen to, and I will say it could have been managed much more effectively. But we're winning now.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Winning what?

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I never said there was a "twist." I said that the answer should be "I don't know." Reading comprehension isn't hard.

Claiming that some magical god being did everything and saying that it should be taught in schedule should bring about nothing short of scorn, ridicule and outright disdain from anyone and everyone with half a brain.

As such, Huckabee didn't say that he didn't know how the universe began. He was asked about evolution. His answer should have been, "Evolution is fact." If that isn't the answer Huckabee isn't intelligent enough to be president.

7. We're winning in Iraq!
    Yawn got a pony.
    Who are we beating? Who's on our side?

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Perhaps we're winning the War on Winning.

9. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

or winning the war on losing
    or losing the war on winning

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

But if

A) we're winning the War on Winning, we're losing.

B) If we're losing the War on Winning, we're winning.

C) If we're winning the War on Losing, we're winning.

D) If we're losing the War on Losing, we're losing.

But Yawn says we're winning, so it must be A or C.

Unless we're winning the War on Peace. Which is another consideration entirely.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

we're winning the war on killing innocent people. we're way ahead concerning this game.

go u-s-a.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You, sir, are a pathetic human being with a limited brain. Faith and reason are both cognitive skills. Too bad you don't have enough of either.

Draft saved Draft deleted