1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here you go, Pastor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You've bounced this issue - and this candidate - but I haven't heard this and now, you will - and boy, does he really seem like the intimidating monster you draw these people to be.... ::)

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=n-BFEhkIujA

2. Bullshit, by the way.
    He wants to pretend he's the fundamentalist who wears shoes and loves the Stones, so be it. But the fact is he was asked the question before he took off in the polls and said that, no, he didn't. What will be your attitude toward science, governor, after seven years of tailored reports and truckling to the crazy-ass likes of you and your co-sectarians?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I spy with my little eye tolerance. Wait, what's that word that's the total opposite of tolerance?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Wow. Sorry to have pulled your string.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This from Chuck Norris' wife:

"He is so genuine."

Cite me one consistency of such a characteristic with Che Clinton.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Honesty?

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Well, if Chuck Norris' wife says something, I'm sold.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

[​IMG]

Wear it out, guys.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who the fuck cares what Mike Fucking Huck-a-fucking-bee thinks about anything? He's not going to win the Presidency and the only way he gets into the goddamn White House is if he pays for a fucking tour.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Class act, huck-a-beatoff.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

But you're right on one thing. Most candidates who may get in will be going to a god-damn White House. And it's our loss.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That crap sure scared me. Also sounded like a lot of parsing of words to try to sound less scary than he really is. It's also not a matter of whether he will personally be creating curriculums for eighth grade textbooks. And it isn't a matter of whether he believes in God (Why do people give a shit whether he believes in something no one can prove?). To me it comes down to this: Have faith in some sort of religion if it makes you sleep at night. I envy you, in a way. But is his faith loony, and will it mean he will create policy based on those loony beliefs. Will he outlaw stem cell research, for example, or try to mandate government-sponsored religion in any way, or try to outlaw contraception? And he scares me a little, because religion DOESN'T just mean Christianity. When he says he believes in God, let's face it, he has just one model for religion. The fact that Christianity defines him IS an issue, because that is not the kind of thing that should be defining the presidency. So is natural for people to get tweaked when he pretty much says he doesn't believe in evolution, for which there is at least evidence, unlike the bible stories. We are a secular country--with a Christian majority--but still secular when it comes to our laws and the rights we enjoy. Would a guy like this show his stripes if elected and forget that? I'm afraid so.

Draft saved Draft deleted