1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here Sarah Comes To Save Christmas Day.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

At that level, it's pretty rough, no? By someone on the ticket? Remember, this is a campaign in which Obama and Biden would not criticize McCain without first delivering a mini-speech about what a remarkable American he was.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

got her number?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can see her being popular as a talk show host. I can't see people taking her seriously as a politician.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, not at all. From JFK's acceptance speech ...

5. Dick Whitman

So where is the sentence where Kennedy makes fun of Nixon's job helping poor poeple?

6. doctorquant

Other than a couple -- ha! -- of obvious reasons, I can't see why she enjoys any popularity at all. She is like fingernails on a chalkboard with me. But I thought she did a fabulous job in those very, very early days in the radar, which, I'll admit, exacerbated my disappointment in how she actually turned out.

7. doctorquant

Meh ... that's what you heard. Not what I heard.

8. Dick Whitman

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities.

9. doctorquant

I'm stepping out of this discussion because it's getting way too political for my taste (and, I'll admit, I played a contributing role, so apologies in advance to the moderators). But that's not, to me, an insult. It's simply a very good response to charges of relative inexperience that surrounded her selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.