1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here Sarah Comes To Save Christmas Day.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportbook

sportbook Member

Say what you want about Sarah Palin, but I am still pretty amazed by her acceptance speach at the RNC. To see her trashed terribly leading up to it I thought she was remarkably poised. I can't imagine the pressure she was under to deliver and that night she did, even with the teleprompter failing. She obviously didn't follow that night up well but that was a clutch performance.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Allow me to introduce you to my news feed on Facebook.

They most definitely have NOT moved on.

3. sportbook

sportbook Member

The impact that SNL had on Sarah Palin was remarkable. It was almost as if people couldn't differentiate between Palin and Tina Fay. People still think Palin actually said the "I can see Russia from my house" line.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'd like to think that you are right.

The last time she came to town was a book signing at Costco and the line to see her wrapped around the building.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, it was a real challenge for her to stand on stage and hurl insults at people. Very against type.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I keep thinking ... this is the important work she set out to do when she quit on the people who elected her?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Come on, DW ... that's Starman territory. Go through the transcript of her acceptance speech.

8. Dick Whitman

Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.

And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.

We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.

9. Dick Whitman

I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment. And I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone.

But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion.

10. Dick Whitman

My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery." This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer.

11. Dick Whitman

Fuck Sarah Palin.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

DW, I say this with all seriousness ... if that's what you consider to be hurling insults, politics is definitely NOT for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.