1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here Sarah Comes To Save Christmas Day.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-11-06/sarah-palin-begins-book-tour-next-week

Sarah Palin's new crusade: To Save Christmas from being eradicated! Here we go again, folks. This just gets dumber and dumber every year. I find her avoiding big media markets no surprise, but just ignorant for someone who wants to get her message out.

Hope there is no D-B here, and if the moderators find it needs moving, could you please let me know if and when you do...Thanks.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A naughty Santa outfit would be wonderful.

Otherwise, I don't know why you care.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As close as I could get. Talk about your unfortunate crops. The photog who didn't zoom out juuuussst a bit should be fired immediately.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She can't possibly still have any kind of legitimate following/fan base, can she?

The people who show up for these stops seem like the political equivalents of the 35-year-old women who go to New Kids on the Block concerts in 2013.

5. Dick Whitman

Any political reporter who doesn't run every sentence of this nonsense through a Google search should be fired on the spot.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you mean by legitimate. She's still hugely popular in flyover country, as is anybody who makes a living bearding Obama.

7. Dick Whitman

Is she, though? I would think that that popularity was tethered to the possibility that she would run for president. That's never going to happen. That being the case, I imagine that even her most ardent supporters have moved onto the next thing.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Initiate rant mode ...

WTF is it with so many friggin' Christians who get so bent out of shape about Christmas? All this faux outrage over not being allowed to do this, that or the other thing? Over being greeted, by a total stranger in a commercial setting, with "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas"? What in the world is up with that? Drives me bu-fuckin'-nanas.

Terminate rant mode ...

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You leave Michelle out of this.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yup. The guy who cropped that photo above should be shot.

11. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Palin should host a Rankin/Bass style "Real American Christmas" stop motion animation TV special with Rush Limbaugh as Frosty and Ted Cruz as Yukon Cornelius.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I've maintained all along that her detractors have way more of an obsession with her than even her most fervent supporters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.