1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here people, have a RUSH....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 8, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's right. The media leans left. That's why it kept your boy in check the last six years.

What's that? It didn't? Never mind.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The blacksmith and the artist, each will play his part.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

One likes to believe in the freedom of music ...
    But glittering prizes and endless compromises ...
    Shatter the illusion of integrity, yeah!

And just for fun ...

OFFFF SALESMEN!

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, if you like Rush, see Neil Peart give drum lessons to Rick Mercer (CBC's The Mercer Report)

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/

Then click on the video.

Watched it last night. Great stuff.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny, JR.
    Why does Mercer ask Peart how many 'miles' he's logged on his motorcycle? I thought you folks talked in kilometers.
    Great segment though.

6. If you can't see something that's as plain as the nose on your face, you're beyond hope.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Has it ever even once occured to you, lyman, that maybe those people who you believed to be giddy weren't so much happy with the fact that the Democrats won and the Republicans lost as they were with the fact that one of the worst Congresses, which played a HUGE role in enabling the worst president, was no more?

You love to break this shit down to a simple Rep v Dem issue. I know it makes it much easier for your simple mind to comprehend. But it's not that black and white. There are many people in this country who really don't give much of a shit about a little elephant or donkey symbol beside someone's name. (Crazy, right?) And the majority of those people have watched helplessly over the last six years as their civil rights have been wiped away, the deficit has grown to an unimaginable number, their kids and loved ones have died in a meaningless war that was sold to them with lies and endured scandal after scandal.

Those people don't give two shits about the Democrats winning. What they care about is that the group of people who have screwed up their country are ordering bubble wrap and boxes today.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

From the guy who told us all the stock market was going to crash today. Okey dokey.

The so-called liberal media has allowed Bush to run amuck unchecked and has allowed one of, if not the, most secretive presidencies of all time to flourish.

But I bet you're happy deep down today. For the first time in 12 years, you and the rest of the knuckledraggers can cry and wail about how the whole world is against you and actually have statistics to back it up.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Apparently, prognostication isn't a troll attribute.

Lymo here predicts the Great Depression II and we get a jump in the market instead.

Yawn predicts a landslide victory for the GOP and instead we get nothing but Dem victories.

You've had a bad week so far, guys. And it's only Wednesday.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Go back to bed, BYH. :)

11. I don't think I said anything about a stock market crash. The hyperbole fairy strikes again!

But you don't have to believe me on the media-bias front. Did you see the USA Today story a few weeks ago?

That's OK, BYH, you and your jackass butt-buddy dog never will understand. Then again, I suspect you couldn't spell "cat" if you were spotted the C and the T.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just because Dog and I like to listen to Judas Priest "Heading Out To The Highway" with the lights dimmed, the doors locked and the room filled with whips and chains doesn't mean anything. And we know how to spell cat, us Democrats kill them all the time, along with kids, baby seals and Salvation Army volunteers standing outside the supermarket at Christmas.

You said the market would crash today because the good guys had control of Congress. You were wrong. You're always wrong. You bragged for weeks how the Dems would lose again and you were wrong.

Keep gazing north in anticipation of the sky falling though. Douche.

Draft saved Draft deleted