1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here people, have a RUSH....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Speaking of writing the newspaper, how long before we get from the press what we got after Clinton won in '92: Hey, the economy wasn't as bad as we thought it was! Boy, are we ever sorry for "misleading" people.

Yeah, right.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like you better when you are scolding Insomnia Boy

3. Hey, gotta call it like I see it. Don't worry, it probably won't be the last time.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

I'm from probably the most conservative area of Indiana, which I hear is one of the most conservative in the country. The incumbent since 1994 only won 54-46. Anyways...

The local radio station is all right-wing talk. There is no left-wing or progressive talk on any radio stations. I think it does a disservice to the public interest by not having balance. But whatever. Anyways (again)...

ESPN radio went to commerical so I switched it over to hear Hanninazi's crying. It was funny. He was justifying all the close races as republicans still having a lot of support and the democrats' victories weren't as impressive as everyone was/is making them out to be. Blah blah. Excuses. It was only a 2-minute clip but that was enough for me. His hatespeak is garbage.

But hey at least he wasn't as somber as all of the Fox News douchebags and President Touched by an Angel today. Did anyone see these guys? Talk about being glum. They all acted like their dog had just been hit by a car.

5. Guess it makes up for the giddiness I saw on CNN and MSNBC all day.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

I thought MSNBC was worse. You'll get that from Matthews and Olby. Norah Hot O'Donnell was smiley but I think she was jacked up cause it's election season. She's all about that sheeit. CNN was fine.

7. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I think it's funny.

The whole idea that America has two disparate parties is great. Limbaugh desperately wants to paint that picture, but it ain't the truth.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Exactly.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Limbaugh ought to be happy because it's a hell of a lot easier for him to rip Nancy Pelosi than to defend W.'s fuck-ups....and his audience wants to hear him rip on Democrats. Matter of fact, that fat, drug-addicted, thrice divorced fucker probably votes straight Democrat every election as a way of protecting his business...he would be stupid not to.

Of course, dumbasses like Yawn think everything he says is gospel.....

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It does work better for Rush and his show when the opposition is in power.
    It's easier to play offense than defense, and it works better for the format of the show.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What's worse? Rush the radio personality or Rush the band?

Both make me turn the dial, but even as the avowed Rush-hater I am, I'd much rather hear dreck like Closer To The Heart than Limbaugh's bullshit.

Score one for Geddy Lee!

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted