1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here people, have a RUSH....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

"We've been through this countless times, but I don't think conservatism is going to dwindle off into the twilight and be invisible at midnight and never return. This is what people were saying in 1976 when Reagan lost to Ford, and Ford lost to Carter. Those were dark days, folks! But then along came Jimmy Carter. (Malaise Speech) You can always count on the Democrats, at some point, to revive conservatism in this country by being who they are -- and who they are is very liberal as we all know. The normal ebb and flow and cyclical nature of politics is obvious. It's just so damn frustrating to have made such progress in 1994 and it happened here again what happened then. Two years after '94, the conservatives made the mistake of thinking that the country had become conservative, and they stopped being ideological, and they stopped teaching. They stopped leading a movement and began what they began. It happened here again. The assumption that: "Okay, conservatism is in power now. The people like who we are. They like who we are. Stop teaching."

"You can never stop teaching."

_ Rush Limbaugh

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're quoting Limbaugh?

Holy shit, you ARE a parody!

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Asshole. You couldn't have possibly read the son of a bitching post that quick. Just the mere mention of him, or Hannity, or O'Reilly, or Scarborough, and you go cawing.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just the possibility that anyone takes him seriously is enough to prove that we shouldn't take you seriously.

Not that anyone has.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Unlike you, sleep apnea, we have brains.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I timed myself reading this. It took me 44 seconds. That leaves plenty of time (since I type fast) to tell you that you are a gasbag. And still get it typed faster than BYH responded.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

First time anyone's ever defended me against charges I fired too quick. :D :D :D

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

TSP must be doing pro boner work.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever admit to firing too quick in public.
    As a fellow male, I'm ashamed for you.

10. Yawn, I'm with you on a lot of things ... but please, don't bring Rush into it.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Man Law!

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

Yawn: Let me explain something...

A lot of people here write the newspaper...

Rush Limbaugh reads the newspaper...

Comprendes?

Draft saved Draft deleted