1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here’s why China’s one-child policy was a good thing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 1, 2015.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Jay, I'm sorry your parents and your local school system failed you regarding reading comprehension skills.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it is YF's parents and school system that failed in teaching him proper writing skills.

I assume YF was paraphrasing the article he linked not actually stating his opinion, but that is only because I know his schtick by now. He did not make that clear at all in his first post.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I read just fine thank you and I am well aware of the challenges of trying to convey nuance with the written word.

But, here's a hint, you can paraphrase and then say, the column said so you don't imply the words you wrote are yours.

Or you can message board shorthand with the good ol' [sarcasm].

In other news: I still want to know how to fix the damn office coffee pot.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, this woman is most definitely a nutcase.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes, it's perfectly logical, given YF's well-documented stances on communism in particular and government regulation in general, to conclude he wholeheartedly supported the one-child policy. :rolleyes:

Side note: Column is a desperate and moronic attempt to profit off the news of the day with as little effort as possible, and should be treated as such.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. outofplace

Oh, it definitely would not fit with YF's past posts to take that position, though it's not exactly unheard of for posters on this site to contradict themselves.

That said, he wasn't clear in his initial post and it is a mistake he makes quite often, failing to make it clear that he is paraphrasing rather than stating his own point of view.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is there a better example of a #HotTake than a column supporting China's one-child policy?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I betcha Thomas Friedman coulda topped it.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

From the institution that gave us Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain we get this dipshit. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Ace likes this.
  10. JohnHammond

Must have been difficult for some to comprehend the snark.

11. outofplace

See, now this is a flaw in reading comprehension because you still aren't getting the point.

YF posted something as if they are his own thoughts without making it clear he is paraphrasing. He has done this before. Yes, it was fairly easy to figure out if you look at his posting history, but the writing is still flawed.

12. JohnHammond

I get the point. There are some dim bulbs around here.

Draft saved Draft deleted