1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herb Carneal, longtime voice of Twins, dies at 83

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Mets are on WFAN, Yankees on WCBS, White Sox on WSCR all 50,000 watts.
    Those are the additions to above I can think of, anyone who can add to it?

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You just know somewhere, some way, Bob Casey is telling Herb "there is nooooooooooooo smoking in Heaven."

RIP, Herb. You were a great guy.

3. Eddie_Vedder

Eddie_Vedder Member

Twinkies have moved to KSTP, not KFAN.

I used to get KMOX on my little $20 radio as a kid all the way up in eastern Wisconsin at night and would listen to Jack Buck. Carneal and WCCO have now both gone the way of KMOX and Buck, and they're not the only ones. It's sad, to me. I feel like I barely caught the end of an era - the big-name broadcasters on the megawatt stations. There's a lot of history established when a team has the same broadcaster and the same station for 40 years... I'm not sure why it makes me feel a little sick, but it does.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Who is left from the really old guard? Scully, obviously, is still around, although he limits his travel. As of last year, Milo Hamilton was still doing Astros home games.

Marty Brennaman started in '74, so I consider him the first of the next generation.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is he like 125 now?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Uecker started in '71. Where does that put him? When did Jerry Coleman start for the Padres?

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction, Eddie!

Draft saved Draft deleted