1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Helping A-Pee gets woman in trouble

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Great headline. I'm glad she got her job back. That's not a fireable offense.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you have a leaky offensive line.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700017812/Taco-Time-worker-critically-injured-in-West-Jordan-shooting-3-arrested-in-robbery-attempt.html

http://www.wyff4.com/news/19425456/detail.html
    http://www.currentargus.com/ci_17020802

Once the restaurant is closed, it needs to be locked down. Any manager stupid enough to let anyone in after hours is stupid enough to get someone shot.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding, My brother, an Arby's franchise manager at the time, was held at gunpoint once when some dipshit let somebody in "to use the pay phone" after lobby hours.

Once the door's locked, it's fucking locked.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If she recognized Adrian Peterson, I think it's safe to assume he's not fronting some hold-up gang.

If she didn't, I agree that you don't let anyone in to use the potty.

6. RickStain

Next time, maybe she recognizes an employee's friend. Or maybe an employee's ex-boyfriend who she doesn't realize is actually an ex. Or maybe it's someone she thinks looks like a celebrity but isn't.

If she's got a clean record, maybe I wouldn't fire her over it. But it shows a very bad lapse of judgment that I wouldn't want out of a restaurant manager.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Gotcha.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't care if she recognized Jesus Pogo-Sticking Christ. Once the door is locked, it's fucking locked.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are you telling me Jesus Christ can't take a piss after hours?

10. RickStain

I'm telling you He can piss on the side of the drive-thru same as everyone else who wanders by the store at 3 a.m.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, but when I rob fast food stores after hours, I always just follow the dude in the back after he empties the trash.

12. RickStain

Most places tell people to just leave the trash by the back door for the morning crew to take out. The policy is that once the doors are locked for the night, they don't open again except for the door nearest the parking lot for the crew to go to their cars, with everybody leaving at the same time. The crew is also asked to move their cars to the spaces nearest the door at some point in the night.

Now these policies aren't always followed, but they are there.

Draft saved Draft deleted