1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with Sirius

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Dec 1, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

My XM SkyFi 3 works great, antenna is on the roof, string the cable through the back hatch.
    Use the lighter for power.
    I got a new Mariner this year which has an aux input jack.
    I just bought the cable, plugged it in, and voila.
    BTW, the XM-Sirius merger could be approved by the DOJ as soon as this afternoon.
    They better not take Casey off or I will be majorly POed.

2. rallen13

rallen13 Member

If they merge, what will that do to NFL and MLB. Does it mean you can get both but the cost will go up?

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

From what I've read, subscribers will be able to pick and choose for a small fee, I believe.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And they're covered in deck-ulls.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Anybody using the inno? Would you recommend it?

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

xmfan.com
    xm411.com
    You may get more (and quicker) answers there.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

thanks.

8. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Here's an update from my end. It's very convoluted, but it all worked out well.

Bought an old-ass Sirius One and installation for $30 through Circuit City.

Bought the Starmate 4 and a $49.99 Sirius gift card for $119 and had CC install the Starmate using the installation and the FM adapter that came with the Sirius One. Tossed the Sirius One, its antenna and other parts in a box and put it in a closet.

I had to buy two extender cables for my Accord for $40, but it sounds awesome.

Bought a Stratus and a $49.99 Sirius gift card for $49.99 so that I could get a car dock, antenna, et al. for my wife's car so I can swap out the Starmate when I'm driving it. Jerry-rigged all of that with Velcro.

(Essentially I got that package free because I needed to buy the service anyway ... and I have a spare radio for when the Starmate goes kapooey).

In the interim, Radio Shack had the Starmate plus gift card on sale for $99, so I got $20 bucks back from CC on a price match.

So if my numbers are correct, the setups in my and my wife's cars, the service and an extra radio cost a total of ... ah, I lost count but I'm very happy.

It's like TIVO: You don't know you need it until you have it.

Draft saved Draft deleted