1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with Sirius

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Dec 1, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC bought me XM last Xmas.

It's worth it (well, I don't pay for it, she does, but you know what I mean) just for Bob Dylan's weekly radio show.

We use the cassette adaptor and the antenna's on the roof.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

But it works OK on the dash?

I ask only because I can't put it on the roof -- I've got a convertable.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes to both. Hank, you may need an inexpensive patch cord from Radio Shack (I swear, I have four of the damn things now).

Trunk lid, towards the front. Cable runs through the back seat, under the floor mats and front seats and then up to the satellite receiver. Generally, you're looking at 31 feet of antenna cable so you'll have plenty of slack to play with.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Next really stupid question: You're talking the underside of the trunk lid?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Nope. Magnetic-mount antenna goes on top of the trunk lid, close to the front middle and a couple of inches from the edge of the trunk itself. Cable runs down into the trunk and up into the cab, assuming you have rear seats that fold down.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ours is on the roof, on the passenger side near the back. We just ran the wire down the window seal and over to the receiver.

Did someone say it worked fine if you put the antenna on the dash?

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yes, my antenna is on the dash and it works fine.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Dyno and Mustard, regarding iPod. I tried it with the cheap shit adapter and had the same problem so I decided that if I'm going to spend money I'm getting something that works. Originally I spent about $35 and it was shit. Then I spent about $100 for the unit that plugs into the cigarette lighter and your iPod drops into it. It's outstanding.

I never go anywhere in the car without taking my iPod now and it makes driving a much better experience.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

The end is plugged into the aux power/cig lighter and the antennae is on the dashboard. I turn my radio to 88.7 FM and I'm good to go.
    Seriously, it's that simple. I will however, have a major accident someday as I'm scrolling through the channels.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanks. We're gonna try that since the antenna gets the shit beat out of it on the rood--with all the rain, freezing rain and snow.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Thirty-six preset slots on my visor. Think I've filled 28, but at least I'm not scrolling all the time.

Y'all spell funny up there in Canuckistan. ;D

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's a weird combination of roof and hood. They have weird cars up yonder.

Draft saved Draft deleted