1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with Sirius

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Dec 1, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The one I have in my Visor is very good, but I have an aftermarket iPod interface that also gives me an extra aux-in jack (right and left RCA jacks, actually).

What are you driving? Does it have an aux-in jack? Give me enough info and I can punch it into the Crutchfield database.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So you just put the antenna in the sun visor, drop the cord down to the radio and plug it into the Aux jack?

I have an 07 Focus, but not sure if there's an Aux jack or not. I don't have a cassette player, so I'd definitely have to use the Aux jack.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

Won't work. Satellite radio signals (and TV signals, and GPS signals) require that the antenna have a clear "look" at the sky.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have just put the antenna on the dash in two different cars and never had a problem. My dad does the same thing with his.

I've never liked the sound quality of an FM modulator, though. I used to use a cassette adapter instead. Now I have XM built in so it's not an issue.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I'll help. Get XM. Much better than Sirius, IMHO.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Musically, I'm much more impressed with Sirius' music mix than I was with XM.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I am have sirius because it came with the car, but really wish I had XM instead....better music, better sports.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Bought Sirius largely for NFL Sunday Drive, but hardly ever used it for that. And with XM factory-installed in the new buggy, the Sportster is gathering dust here in the house.

Never had an issue with the antenna-on-the-dashboard trick. Previous car didn't have either an aux jack or a cassette player, so FM was the only way to go. Not studio-quality sound, but good enough for my purposes.

9. Hank_Scorpio

I misread your one statement when you mentioned Visor. Thought you were referring to the sun visor in your car.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Nope ... Visor is the model name (no longer made by that manufacturer, and I got it at a huge discount this time a year ago).

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So let me make sure I understand this:

I can buy an antenna, an on-the-go satellite player and a doodah that runs the signal to my casette player? And that's it? It'll sound good? And work good?

12. Hank_Scorpio

Along those same lines, for people without a cassette player:

I could buy an antenna, an on the go satellite player, which would hook into my aux in jack and it would work ok?

Draft saved Draft deleted