1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with ENTOURAGE email

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Sep 5, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I have an entourage email account and I am trying to forward all of my Entourage mail to my Gmail account.

The forwarding system works fine when I am logged into my Entourage account at work, but if I am not logged in, I won't receive an email.

Basically, if someone sends an important email to me at work on a Friday night, I won't get it until Monday morning.

I have a site that I can check my work email from at home, but that would sort of defeat the purpose of email forwarding all together.

If anyone has any tips let me know. I really want to throw my computer through the window right now.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I post a topic about eating dinner at Sonic and the thread goes 15 pages. I post a thread about something that changes my every day life and no one responds.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Sorry. I saw "Entourage" and thought this was the new season of the HBO series, which starts Sunday.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If I didn't like your avatar, I'd punch you in the kidney.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You waited 6 minutes before posting the first response in your own thread?

FAIL.

:D

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Welcome to SportsJournalists.com. You must be new here.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not being able to use my email forwarding:

EPIC FAIL

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Why forward it? Why not simply set up Entourage to receive your gmail directly using IMAP?

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78799&topic=12814

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Never mind. That wasn't the question you asked. Fail for me.

That said -- the items won't be forwarded via Entourage unless you can set up a server-based rule to make the server do it for you. Otherwise, the action is controlled by Entourage itself, which means, no, it won't work unless you're logged in.

In many cases (including at my company), Entourage users do not have the same access to server-based e-mail settings that Outlook users have. You may be stuck with your webmail interface.

Draft saved Draft deleted