1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with AP, coaches' polls ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Here, and only here:

The USA TODAY Board of Coaches is made up of 60 head coaches at Division I-A institutions. All are members of the American Football Coaches Association. This season's board: Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Mike Bellotti, Oregon; Bret Bielema, Wisconsin; Larry Blakeney, Troy; Bobby Bowden, Florida State; Tommy Bowden, Clemson; Jeff Bower, Southern Mississippi; Art Briles, Houston; Mack Brown, Texas; Bill Callahan, Nebraska; Neil Callaway, UAB; Lloyd Carr, Michigan; Mario Cristobal, Florida International; Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State; Bill Cubit, Western Michigan; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Butch Davis, North Carolina; Bill Doba, Washington State; Randy Edsall, Connecticut; Dennis Franchione, Texas A&M; Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee; Jeff Genyk, Eastern Michigan; Joe Glenn, Wyoming; Jim Grobe, Wake Forest; Dan Hawkins, Colorado; Pat Hill, Fresno State; Steve Kragthorpe, Louisville; Mike Leach, Texas Tech; Rocky Long, New Mexico; Sonny Lubick, Colorado State; Bill Lynch, Indiana; Doug Martin, Kent State; Les Miles, LSU; Shane Montgomery, Miami (Ohio); Hal Mumme, New Mexico State; Joe Novak, Northern Illinois; Houston Nutt, Arkansas; Tom O'Brien, North Carolina State; George O'Leary, Central Florida; Gary Patterson, TCU; Chris Petersen, Boise State; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Rich Rodriguez, West Virginia; Greg Schiano, Rutgers; Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic; Mark Snyder, Marshall; Frank Solich, Ohio; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee State; Bob Stoops, Oklahoma; Jeff Tedford, California; Joe Tiller, Purdue; Bob Toledo, Tulane; Dick Tomey, San Jose State; Jim Tressel, Ohio State; Tommy Tuberville, Auburn; Charlie Weis, Notre Dame; Tyrone Willingham, Washington; Ron Zook, Illinois.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ha. clutch post, terence.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Sorry, don't think West Virginia will be better than Louisville this year, Slaton and White or not. Their defense was terrible last year, and doubt it will be much better this year.

I'll take Brohm and a bevy of offensive talent for the Big East Title. And, with a better defense.

Can;t argue with USC getting so much love, especially with 10 defnsive startes back. And I Llove it that Notre Dame isn't getting any pub, and I hope they suck yak rectum!

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Know how I could tell Steve Spurrier was a voter even before I saw the list? Dook receiving votes haha.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

love that so many of the teams in the top 25 have coaches who vote for the top 25.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sitting between Idaho, Oregon, British Columbia and water.

Draft saved Draft deleted