1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with a MS Word-Quark Xpress problem

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Central-KY-Kid, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

If I bold, underline, italicize, etc., something in Microsoft Word, it appears that way when I import the story/agate into Quark.

However, if I shade the background of something through Format >> Borders and Shading >>, it will show up in Word and print that way, but won't show up in Quark.

It would be nice to have the shading function for boxes and agate among other things.

Is there a way around this in Word or Quark without having to draw or copy-and-paste a shaded text/picture box around every single line I want to shade?

Bueller? Bueller?

2. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Unless you have something in your style sheet that does it for you, I'm afraid you'll have to do it manually.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Isn't this why Quark has a library function?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just set up style sheets in Quark and do all of the text formatting there.

These problems are near universal between word processing systems and desktop publishing systems.

We have a "no style" style to clear all that stuff off text before we format it in Quark.

Draft saved Draft deleted