1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with a Brad Paisley Song Lyric

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by huntsie, Jun 17, 2007.

1. I did the same thing. I too was confused as to why such vitriol was used. I don't have a problem with Brad Paisley. I wouldn't call myself a fan but at least he's more country than someone like Faith Hill or Shania Twain.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I didn't mean "you all" as in you people on this thread.

Jesus. It was meant in the sense of everyone who has killed me for listening to "contemporary country" in the past.

It was "you all" in the sense of the larger board. My apologies.

3. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

I also caught the show and this song tonight, and it was one of the most moving songs I've heard in some time. Apparently a lot of it is autobiographical as well.
    It was indeed on GAC's telecast of the Grand Ole Opry, and I know they usually rebroadcast that on Sundays, so you might be able to catch or record it again so your son can hear it.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Granted, I'm about 10 hours after the fact on this thread, but wow IJAG. Have poor day, did ye?

Paisley awesome, and I disagree about Ticks, which I think is highly entertaining.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I love country music. I think "Ticks" is stupid. Other that that, Brad Paisley's catalog is rock-solid. He's a helluva guitarist, too, in the Roy Clark/Vince Gill mode.

Paisley's wife is Kimberly Williams, the bride in the Father of the Bride movies.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nah ... it's vastly better than Honky Tonk Badonkadonk. Ticks is just a silly song, not painfully bad.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

See, to me, HTB is just a stupid song. But an entire song about checking a woman for ticks?

Painfully bad.

8. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

"Ticks" is fantastic, as is "HTB," which is the ringtone for when Mrs. JH calls.

And I'm looking very forward to picking up Paisley's newest, along with Toby Keith's newest.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Speaking of Trace Adkins, I use One Hot Mama for my soon-to-be-fiancee as her ringtone.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'll admit it here. Trace Adkins is really gross looking. Disgusting, really. But when he does that gruff 'You wanna?' in "one hot mama" it may be the hottest voice not belonging to Josh Turner or Gary Allan ever in country music.

Draft saved Draft deleted