1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help with a Brad Paisley Song Lyric

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by huntsie, Jun 17, 2007.

1. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

It's going to sound strange, but here goes:
    I was flipping around the TV dial tonight, happened to see Brad Paisley on a show -- live at the Opry or something. I like Brad Paisley. There, I said it. Anyway, he was singing this song about a letter to himself when he was 17.
    I wanted to listen to it, but my daughter was just home from work after a long day and I was listening to her tell me about her day.
    But I really wanted to hear the lyrics of this song. My son is 17, graduates from high school this Friday and the lyrics are something I think might relate to him.
    Don't know the name of the song, scanned a Song Lyrics site looking for what it could be, but couldn't find it. Can anyone help?

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Hmm. I went to high school with the guy and know the family (I confessed this on one of the previous "What famous people do you know?" threads) so if I get a chance I'll ask his dad about it.

In the meantime, his new CD comes out Tuesday -- maybe that song's on it?

3. I did a quick Google search. The song is called "Letter To Me." Try searching a lyrics site for it once the CD drops Tuesday.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love Brad Paisley. And to hell with all of you.

Any man who legitimately plays "Little Moments Like That" or "She's Everything" in the course of a relationship would make me melt.

5. Listen to it yourself:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=886970717120&z=y

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummmm, what did we do to deserve to go to hell -- about this, I mean

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just assumed everyone hated him, since it's quite the cool thing to rail against new country nowadays.

And by 'to hell with all of you' I mean 'you good sir are full of shit.'

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Little Moments is great. Couple good ones from his first CD, "We Danced" and "He Didn't Have To Be."

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didnt do it... In fact I looked for lyrics for huntsie for 15 minutes and found none. Was going to do the same post as lone star but he was quicker.
    I might be full of shit, but not in this case...

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love both those. I also like "Mud on the Tires." But "Ticks" might be the stupidest song ever recorded. Ever.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Ticks is dumb.

Love the video for "I'm Gonna Miss Her".

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

THAT'S a fabulous song.

His wife is gorgeous. And seems very normal.

Draft saved Draft deleted