1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help: Why am I Banned?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I bet you kept mixing up that and who.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Clear your cache and try deleting cookies. If that doesn't work, send a PM to me, Moddy or one of the other mods and we can try to see what's going on. This happens from time to time and usually it's cleared up with a cache clearing.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I tried that. Now I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
    Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
    spam
    This ban is not set to expire.

I couldn't until today when I realized it works on Chrome.

Is it unreasonable to expect the damn 'Webmaster' listed as the site's contact would bother to reply to one of a half dozen e-mails?

Cleared cache and cookies. Now I'm an unwelcome guest.
    I will PM later. Thanks.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did you create a sock puppet that who was banned?

That'll get you.

Not that i would have any experience with that.

5. Wouldn't he be blocked on Chrome?

6. I had the same problem a few weeks ago at work. In the middle of the day. It cleared up a few days later. I had no clue what happened.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

It wouldn't give "spam" as the reason.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Clearly you are NOT banned, you are here.

I have not banned you, or even thought of banning you. Until now!! (kidding).

As MileHigh noted, we've had some issues. I did ban a spammer this week. How that got to you I have no clue. About a month ago, I had to suspend someone for calling someone a "fuckwad" a few times too many. Explained that in the message. Another member, one of our most respected and rational, got the message and couldn't log in. Cleared the cache and all was good to go.

Then it happened again with another member. Innocent party, someone who has never come close to crossing the line, gets a message meant for someone else. And the IPs weren't even close.

So, yeah, there is a glitch. The guy the new owners assigned to be our contact is no longer with the company. Who is in charge now from their end? No clue. Haven't been given that answer.

Try the cache. I'll go un-ban that spammer and hope he doesn't return.

If this happens to any of you in the future, please go PM. I do think it is funny that someone who is allegedly banned is POSTING about being banned.

Dude, you ain't banned!

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If someone can't log on via any browser, though, how do you suggest one PM?

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Whatever Moderator1 did worked.
    I am now Unbanned on Firefox!

11. beanpole

beanpole Member

So, how many times can we call you a fuckwad before we get banned? Not that I'm planning to, or anything ... :)

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I like the message you get on another site. It calls you a douche when you get banned!

Draft saved Draft deleted