1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help. Who's out there.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sprtswrtr10, Jul 24, 2012.

1. sprtswrtr10

sprtswrtr10 Member

Perhaps this has been addressed in a different thread.
    If so, please direct me to it.
    Here's the question.
    Is there any kind of directory for the online sports world.
    If I want to get in touch with a fellow sports editor at a paper, I can figure that out.

But if it's Yahoo, ESPN, CBSsports, Fanhouse, Huffpo and perhaps 15 others that I'm not coming up with off the top of my head, I don't know who I should be communicating with. When I saw the thing Glen Stout was putting together, my thought was, 'Hey, at least I know how to reach him.'

Basically, if I wanted to peddle myself to the future of journalism, I wouldn't know how to go about it.

Is there a resource out there that might show me the way.

Thanks for your help.

2. I'll show you the way: RUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!

While you still have your youth and your winning smile (I'm guessing).

You sound eager. That's a start. You're putting together coherent sentences. Check. You're asking questions. Way to go.

But journalism is such a rotting carcass of a profession that you would be a fool to pursue it at your age.

Now, if you are talking about broadcast journalism, that's another matter. That field has some legs.

As for newspapers: the print product will be dead in a decade, and most of the Web Sites they are running these days are awful, with the possible exception of NYT, LAT and Washington Post.

Get on your jogging shoes, my friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted