1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help sleeping

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Hey everybody,

What's a good non-prescription item to take to help fall asleep? I used to be able to take a cap of Nyquill back in the day when my sleep patterns got screwed up, but since they changed the formula (fuck you meth makers/users!) it hasn't worked for me. I'm open to any suggestions. I haven't been able to fall asleep before 6:30 a.m. since a few days before the HP book release.

Thanks for the help in advance!
    -Diabeetus

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

even if you are watching tv or on the laptop, cut the lights in the room two hours before you want to relocate to matress heaven. i don't do it nearly enough, but when i do, it works for me.

if that fails, hummers usually do the trick, too.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The light tip sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. What's a hummer?

4. Benadryl used to do it for me. Then I moved up the ladder to Klonopin - 1.5mg before bedtime and I sleep like a baby. A hummer also sounds like a good plan.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I can't recommend anything, but I also have trouble sleeping. I don't think I've slept for more than 2 hours at a time through the night in months. Good luck.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I was being serious before...what's a hummer?

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Until we find something, looks like we're in this together, Xan :D

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hummer

My problem with regard to sleeping isn't falling asleep, it's staying asleep. I haven't slept throught night, literally, in years.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Hahaha!

I'm good for about 8 hours once I do finally get to sleep. It's just the getting there that's the problem. Gah!

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you were the last person i thought would explain what a hummer is to diab.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Lol...I've always considered it more of a technique than it's own separate entity. ;)

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. just ... wow, period.

Draft saved Draft deleted