1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help Settle An Etiquette Dispute

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Oct 1, 2012.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Mr. Dictionary,

I'm wondering what else goes on in your marriage if something that happened 13 years ago can cause a big fight. Lord knows women can — and do — bring up shit that happened long ago, but 13 years? Screw your long-ago friend. It's time to figure out why this subject bothers your wife so much.

Joe

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

When I entered this industry, my foremost goal was to write something good enough to warrant scrotal tattooing.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He still should have gave the present 13 years ago. He had the chance 12 years ago but he wanted to "spare him" from the old memories.

sorry for the thread jack, Carry on with Dooleys scrotum.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Depends on whether you nailed the bride while they were on the outs.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Webster made the effort by apologizing for forgetting the gift the first time around. He encouraged his roommate and his wife to contact them to get the gift from them. For various reasons, that never happened.

The situation is so strange, but I'm going to vote no.

I'm with the people who say Mrs. W's getting into a fight each time the issue is brought up is the much larger issue. That needs to be worked out with a professional.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

He probably tried anal....on a person (who am I to judge?) that wasn't his wife.

Seriously though...is this the only thing your wife brings up...because if it's been 13 years...something is weird about this.

I've done some stupid things (not saying what happened to you was stupid) and my wife has gotten past them in our 10 years...but to have someone -- especially your wife -- hang something to stupid over your head is pretty bad form as well.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I spent at least 20 minutes trying to find a gif from that episode when this thread was first started.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I can see this. Even in the best of relationships, when you discover something that pushes someone's button, you're going to keep going back to that well.

Draft saved Draft deleted