1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help save "Jericho" UPDATE: Mission accomplished

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, May 21, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I don't think the producers intend at all to wrap it up. They're shooting for a full Season 2, followed by Season 3 and beyond. I understand they've already arced out 5 years.

The incredibly nutty fan base shows Jericho is on its way to becoming every bit the franchise Star Trek is — without the virginity. ;D

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Five years? By that time, the American society will have been rebuilt, destroyed again and rebuilt again.

Hopefully we'll be able to find out what happened to the kidnapped girl and her abductor -- I'm smelling a spin-off.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423858.html

Clay Aiken: 'Jericho' Fans Should Thank Me
    The show 'Jericho,' I loved it," said former American Idol contestant Clay Aiken to the Houston Chronicle. "I started blogging about it on my fan site. It got canceled, and I blogged about how upset I was. I said, 'The Claymates can do anything. How do we get this show back on the air?"

After his readers figured out what a "Claymate" was (realizing it was them), apparently they not only went into action, but did everything but actually invent the concept of a fan campaign, at least according to Aiken.

"Honestly, within a week, they had organized a campaign amongst 'Jericho' fans to send nuts to CBS. It kind of started in that place. And it's back on the air. It just blows my mind."

So was Clay Aiken the mastermind of the "Save Jericho" campaign? Not even some of those who read the story believe it.

"It's pretty egotistical to believe that the groundswell of support for 'Jericho' was due to his blogging about it," said one poster who commented on the story named Dcsports. "Does anyone believe he really has that much influence?"

4. Football_Bat

Glad to see Jericho has such a high-profile fan. ::)

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did Clay save Scrubs too? He once appeared as a guest.

6. Football_Bat

Colby Donaldson couldn't save Curb, and that episode was one of the best.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Perhaps Jericho fans should start sending nuts to Mr. Aiken, just not the nuts that Mr. Aiken prefers.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Line of the day.

Draft saved Draft deleted