1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help, please

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 12, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I have Internet Explorer (I know, I suck). Anyway, my brother effed up some of my settings and one of those was the background. Every time I visit a site, it's like a skeleton of itself, just a plain white background. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's really starting to piss me off.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I prefer a wooden bat. It's old-fashioned, yet forceful.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Don't worry. When my brother wakes up in the morning, he'll get the bat.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Good morning. You're about to die."

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

There's a setting that you can choose which will manually override the background of a page. I don't use IE anymore, but if you mull about the settings options you'll probably find it. Maybe an "appearance" tab in the settings or something.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Ah, here you go. Straight from a Windows XP help box:

"To override website font and color settings
    If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    On the General tab, click Accessibility.
    Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice. "

Of course, you'd go in and undo whichever of these things was done to you. Then grab your bat.

Draft saved Draft deleted