1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help planning a Montana vacation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I really appreciate the help.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I worked in Kalispell. By no stretch of the imagination could it be considered fantastic. I lived in Bigfork, though, and it was. And, yes, Whitefish is nice. Columbia Falls isn't terrible, either. Avoid Polson.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Whoever suggested driving going to the sun is an idiot. Pay for the red jammer bus. That way you can see the scenery. If you`re driving, you really can`t unless you want to go off the edge.

4. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Gotta love Frank. Wish he was on iTunes.

Did the Going to the Sun road drive many years ago. Doing the bus thing makes more sense.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Montana!
    Where men are men​

and sheep are nervous

:D

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Kalispell - stayed at Laughing Water Ranch, very hospitable. Rode horses during the day and soaked in a hot tub at night. Spent the last day at Glacier, definitely a must-see in the western part of the State.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Make sure you do her in (the) Butte.

[​IMG]
    Heh heh heh heh

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Awesome ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

The best time to visit Butte is, well, today. One of the best St. Patrick's day celebrations anywhere for my money.
    There's also the yearly Evel Knievel festival in the summer that draws a lot of biker enthusiasts and the like.

Colombia Falls is a great place to visit especially if you have kids. They have this "house of mystery" they say is a natural vortex, whatever that means. It's pretty cool whatever it is.

I haven't been there in forever but I remember going there and being freaked out when I was little. Good times. Here's some more info...

http://www.columbiafallschamber.com/chamber/rec.cfm

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Might wanna check out the sky. I hear it's pretty big out there.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Went to Glacier two summers ago. Beautiful. I could have spent two weeks just in that park. Found some cheap motel cabins just oustide the Park.

Be prepared for lots of Huckleberry. Huckleberry beer, ice cream, pie, etc.

Come July and our local 1000000000 degree weather, I'll be dreaming of those 50 degree nights again. Sigh.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Vacation is an excuse? And you call yourself an SportsJournalists.com regular.

Draft saved Draft deleted