1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help out the boys and girls at SNL

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Seems a national pasttime to roast the SNL writers, and mostly, deservedly so. So, I keep coming up with goofy ideas, just amusing myself in spare moments, and thought it was worth a thread.

Your mission: Pitch a SNL/madTV-type sketch, no matter how detailed.

My latest? A spoof of CBS's show "The Unit." In "The Eunich," we mimick the distinctive real opening, in which manly men are riffing off a cadence while presumably marching. ("Fired up! Fired up! Feel good! Fired up!") In spoof version, it's done with extremely high voices.

Premise of real show is showing military types on these unbelievable missions, and showing what their wives are doing back on the homefront. Spoof version is almost same, except we're checking in with former members and what they're doing... mainly you see a vague fleshy mass sitting in a jar of fromaldehyde.

Other ideas include roll call, when troops trick leader into asking where Johnson is (they snicker as he's slow to grasp the joke) and lots of jokes about fallen members.

Next?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Eunuch

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

No, I have still have my factory-standard parts, thanks. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted