1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HELP!!!!!! MY wife is reading Twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Nov 30, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Mr. and Mrs. Stain prefer Harry Potter.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nerds!

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, I read them. Horribly written. Horribly addictive. Like sniffing paste. I'm not proud of it, but I wouldn't take it back, either. And that's not quite true (IMO) concerning the women being subservient to men. The lead female character is the most powerful (mentally) of any vampire, male or female.

Holy shit, that's a dorky last sentence.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

It all makes sense now.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Teen Wolf thinks your opinion of Twilight sucks, Piotr! Thusly, he dunked on you for being a hater.

WOLVES!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife, for some reason, loves everything to do with Twilight. I thought the movie might be a passable enough way to spend a couple hours, since it seemed to be Romeo and Juliet meets Lost Boys, but Christ, did that movie bore me to tears. I guess it would help if Kristen Stewart had more range than a mime. She is just unspeakably awful. I saw her in one of her early movies (some made for TV schlock on Lifetime, LAY OFF ME!!!) and her entire arsenal appears to consist of staring blankly. Just wretched.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Is there any reason I shouldn't think of these books as the Babysitter's Club, but with vampires?

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's no Sweet Valley High, that's for sure.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

So you're saying you'd read them?

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My wife dug out a bunch of her old Babysitter Club books a few years back. Yeah, I read a few.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

There was no sex in the Babysitter's Club series. There's vampire sex involved in the final Twilight book. A lot of drama leading up to this magic moment in the previous books. That's why the women are reading it. Case solved.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I copped to reading the whole series on here, years ago.

Suffice to say, I had already gone through all the other books in the house, including the Danielle Steele novels.

Draft saved Draft deleted