1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help. My tap water smells like egg farts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Granny, Aug 8, 2008.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

On further reflection, fish are fucking in your water supply.

2. KG

KG Active Member

Try driving by a town supported strongly by its sulphur mines.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Figures. They were making out hot and heavy last week.

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

It could be an issue with your water heater. Now, I am going to drop my layman's interpretation of what our plumber said, but here goes ... some water heaters have these rod thingies that will make your water smell sulphiric. Ours were really bad when we would leave for a couple of days. The rods usually are removed from the tanks upon installation, but sometimes are left in for one reason or another. Eventually, they corrode and your water will start to stink like egg farts. Our plumber came out, removed the rods and we've been stink free (well, as stink free as is reasonable) for a few months. I think the bill was $45 ... and my wife is fighting it because "those assholes should have taken out the rods when they installed the thing."

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Thanks. Since your explanation makes no sense, I find it to be the most sensible. I will check on this.

6. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Granny, are you the one who clogged Clever username's toilet?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Somewhere, there's a chicken bummed out that her farts smells like tap water.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Where's waterytart -- which closely resembles "wateryfart" -- when needed?

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. If I remember correctly (it was over 10 years ago) it was the magnesium rod. The plumber came in hacksawed it off.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Make sure your water supply isn't hooked up with Bubbler's bath water.

There's a reason he's called Bubbler. ;)

11. In Exile

In Exile Member

In addition to the above, it can also be harmless, and completely non-toxic gas produced by bacteria from deep in your ground water. For drinking, put in jugs and it dissipates on its own in a few hours. A water softener helps a bit, and/or you can spend a grand or two on a very sinple chlorination system, and/or after a few days you won't notice it much, but your guests will.

Draft saved Draft deleted