1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! My car window won't go up...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

We care.
    Did he say what was wrong with it? Was the motor shot?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, I meant to post that part. Sorry.

He took the door panel off, and he said it appears just to be that switch. The other three switches work fine, as I said, but something seems to not be working with that switch. So we'll hope that's all it is. He said he just needed an hour, but I told him I was going to grab a nap and I'd walk up there around 1 or 2.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

One hour of work at perhaps $60 — that must be one hell of an expensive switch.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, don't forget the state inspection ($15) and the time he spent to take the door panel off and diagnose the problem.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'll echo the comments about not having power anything on my car ... that said I wish I had a/c in my 2005 MAZDA3 ... who the fuck makes a '05 without a/c?!?!?!

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

IJAG's window is communist?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Inuits?

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Do they make cars? I thought all they had was dog sleds.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

$237 to fix a switch? That's brutal.
    Most mechanics should be locked up and interrogated like terrorist enemy combatants.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

It could be worse. My car yesterday decided it didn't want to move when I put it in reverse. I'm praying I don't need a new transmission. I'll find out soon. Dropping it off today. And it's an '04. Fuck me.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

You keep praying. The rest of us will think realistically.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Why? It's a free-market economy.

They know a lot about a lot of specialized systems. Or at least they should if they're getting into that work.

Especially since they may be getting half of that $50 per hour (yes, that's a very low estimate) labor charge, if they're lucky.

Do I enjoy being raped by car repairs? No. But provided I'm dealing with someone who's honest, I have no issue with forking over the money -- when needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.