1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me teach Moroccans English! (Or, what you learned from music)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Dec 9, 2007.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Seriously.

I've never taught before and now it's my Peace Corps job description. TEFL, actually, teaching "communicative learning," which means to have fun while doing it.

Sat in on a lesson in Errachidia (I think that's near where Babel was set) and the guy used the "BN Ladies'" (Moroccan sanitized name) "If I Had A Million Dollar" to teach conditionals. It was great. He milked it for two hours.

So I thought, hmmm...must be some other grammar lessons to be found in songs.

Any help here? Beyond using the Happy Days theme song to introduce days of the week and "Stop in the Name of Love" to demonstrate imperatives, I'm dry (as is Morocco).

So, former co-workers, what grammatical lessons can you glean from the Billboard charts? The children of Midelt want to know.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"We Didn't Start The Fire." [/every eighth grade history teacher since 1989 :D]

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And my sixth-grade music teacher in 1995.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Schoolhouse Rock.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Conjunction junction, what's your function?

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

http://www.eslcafe.com/

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=58108&sid=129ff39823dd7e6b5ba31051a6add164

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Damn it, I wish I was drinking mint tea with Audrey Tautou on a tiled patio in Essouraira or Sidi Ifni. Or better yet, stoned out of my freaking mind with Kate Bush on a wool blanket in a pale blue room in Chefchaouen. I loooooooooove Morocco.

Draft saved Draft deleted