1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help Me Talk Killick Into Watching Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I have been trying to get Killick to go back and watch Breaking Bad from the start of Season One but he is being difficult and insists the show is stupid.

Can I get some help from SportsJournalists.com's finest?

Share your thoughts.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you like methheads in tighty whiteys, have at it.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Best show I've ever seen.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I live in Covington, Ky. I can look out my car window on any given day for that.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm wondering why Killick thinks the show is stupid? What episode did you see?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've been to Covington many times. Meth heads and hicks are bountiful.

But you know what aren't? Mexican drug lords doing ruthless ass things that Mexican drug lords do.

Also, unless I missed it at the Newport aquarium, there are no exploding tortoises with an informant's severed head on top of it.

And while those are the mind-blowing WTF moments, the show is a helluva lot more than that.

It's a great, great show. You will not be sorry. I promise.

7. Killick

Actually, didn't say it was stupid. I think my exact words were "Chemistry teacher turned drug guy? Doesn't sound like my cup of tea." Last drama that JaSID and I agreed on, I think, was Rescue Me. Otherwise, very different tastes. So, when he says he's a big fan I immediately see red flags.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I think what really got me hooked completely was Walter's devolution from good-natured chemistry teacher who kept everything bottled up to connected to every evil drug lord from here to eternity meth cook who lashes out violently at the drop of a hat. Just watching a man fall from grace while at the same time doing everything for his family really drug me into the show.
    That and his relationship with Jessie made the show, watching the two of them bumblefuck their way to the top because they could create some amazing product made all the dumb stuff they did even better.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly, but Killick you were in on the discussions for either Sherlock or Downton Abbey or both, right? Well I enjoy both of those, Sherlock more than DA, but they're both in my second tier.

Breaking Bad is at the top of my first tier of shows still on the air. It's fantastic. Once Gus, Mike, and Saul join the cast, it's the best ensemble acting of any show on tv.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Some of the best acting on TV. In four seasons only two or three episodes that aren't tremendous. Yeah, the storyline is a bit far fetched but attention to detail makes up for it in spades. It's unlike any show on the air. And its gotten better each season. How many shows can you honestly say that about?

11. Killick

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

If Gale's version of Major Tom won't convince Killick, nothing will.

Draft saved Draft deleted