1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me, SJ movie lovers, you're my only hope

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As a friend said to me the other day, "I liked The Spirit the first time when it was called Sin City."

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Why the fuck did I say yes to Yes Man? Jesus, it was like Liar Liar +11 years and -Maura Tierney. That's not a fair trade. But if you want to see an old woman give implicit oral, then Merry By God Christmas, have we got a deal for you!

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for the length (2h47m), I would have definitely considered it and quite possibly seen it. Looks really interesting, but I had to be somewhere around 9 tonight and that would have pushed me back to 10, 10:30.

However, once again, SJ did not steer me wrong. Slumdog was fucking outstanding. What a great piece of filmmaking. In the end, it was really a love story, but it was so well executed, I would never consider it a "chick flick."

It was (or at least should be) a great example to the studios that you don't have to have the latest Reese Whitherspoon paired up with the latest Great Smile. That not every romance has to have the guy wooing the girl, doing something incredibly stupid, doing something even dumber to try to wriggle out of the situation, then losing the girl, and then making the grand gesture that wins her back.

Like I said after seeing "Hard Candy," thank you, SJ. You came through. That's one of (if not THE) best movies I've seen on Christmas Day.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Completely agree. I saw it last night as well and loved it. A great idea executed very well. Best movie I've seen this year. Even had a really cool closing credits.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm going to see Milk or Slumdog Millionaire today. I won't decided till I get to the theater cause the early shows start within 10 minutes of each other.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Will see it Monday. But it's what I always say about Aniston, she's just very natural. Maybe she isn't considered a great "actor" or whatever, but she has that certain *it* that makes every part she plays believable.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed. Jennifer Aniston has an earnestness and a wholesomeness that really complements her sheer attractiveness. She's such a hot girl-next-door.

I don't know if anyone saw this on Romenesko today, about the reporter whom Jennifer Aniston portrays in "Marley and Me."

http://www.mlive.com/chronicle/news/index.ssf/2008/12/former_chronicle_reporter_play_1.html

Draft saved Draft deleted