1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me! Quick! Please?!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SoSueMe, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fixed :D

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The better half has a book that lists samples of invites. One of them is for weddings of kids of divorced couples and re-married couples.

There are also examples of invites for kids whose parents are dead.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's my life goal to have my wedding announcement go something like this ...

"Mom, it's me. She and I are in Vegas and we just got married at the same drive-in wedding chapel Michael Jordan used."

4. occasionally

occasionally Member

I'd use neither version ...
    I'd start the second line with "request" and the third line with "at."

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Amen. And why is this on JTO? Haven't we established a wedding subboard on AG yet?

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I put it here 'cause it was kind of a "design" question (i.e. where to break things up).

We can nuke this thread now. The invites are done, and will be in the mail by Friday.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

So, don't leave us in suspense.

How did you break it up?

And I better get an invite. ;)

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Oh, I went with the first option, which I thought was correct in the first place.

I would have used (and tried to, actually) occasionally's suggestion, but the width wasn't right.

I'm happy with them. It's like we said, who the hell keeps the invites anyway? Half goes in the recycle bin, half is sent back to us!

And on a personal note: Weddings are a racket. Go away to get married!

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I have some wedding planning advice: Don't do it.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I remember one father of the bride saying at the reception that if he'd realized just how much it was going to cost, he would have offered his daughter half the amount in cash to elope.

11. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

We found out too late that the father of my bride would have rather given us down payment for a house. Fuck!

Draft saved Draft deleted