1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me out here guys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FireJimTressel.com, Nov 18, 2006.

1. I have been going back and forth with some random guy on another forum about general sports reporting talk. He wrote something about how Bob Ryan is horrible and how Lupica is great. I responded with this.

"Bob Ryan is one of the most respected sports reporters in the business. Other sports reporters would actually watch the ESPN show "Sports Reporters" if Albom and Lupica weren't on there because Bob Ryan is great."

He responded with: "Well, we just have a difference of opinion, that is all. I don't care if Ryan is respected or not. He acts like he is all knowing and is never wrong. Sorry, but at least Lupica, who I'd listen to any day over Ryan, isn't a smug arrogant jerk who knows all. Although he has his moments."

The guy also wrote this: "Trust me, no good coach respects reporters. Reporters are like Vampires trying to suck the bloodlife of a good coach. It is kind of sad how coaches have to mostly talk off the record just to let the reporter in on some common sense of what they witnessed."

I know the popular opinion is to ignore morons like this, but I'd love to find a way to put him in his place. Plus, I thought you guys might have fun with witty responses for him. Thanks in advance.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Just tell him he sucks.

3. KP

KP Active Member

The guy is right, Bob Ryan doesn't know all. He just knows all that needs to be known.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Worst thing about Bo's passing today was watching footage of Bo and Albom walking together for an interview. It was shown on a loop this morning.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, I saw that and threw up..

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

This guy you're communicating with might be the most clueless moron ever.

send him over here! :D :D

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

FJT, we are the only forum you need. Straying will screw you up.

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Dickhead coaches don't respect reporters. They also don't respect anybody else, including their assistants, their players, their wives. And many coaches are dickheads.

Reasonable coaches (and it has nothing necessarily to do with won-loss percentage) realize the media's role and objectives and also realize that a healthy relationship is beneficial well beyond their little fiefdom of power. Some actually will admit that journalists are in a difficult profession and that most in it are quite skilled.

I'd rather have the respect of guys like that than try to appease the cocksuckers in the first category. Those guys wouldn't have many people to talk to if they didn't have to call him coach.

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Jerk Store! ;D

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Bob Ryan aint got shit on Ryan Sonner.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

On the other board, post the picture of the bunny with a pancake on its head with this caption:
    S.T.F.U.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

you can't argue with assclowns like that. take the high ground and ignore all his future posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted