1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me, I'm turning Southern

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Now that you mention it, I do love getting a quarter or half a chicken with some mashed potatoes and what ever vegetables you want to throw on there ... okra ... whatever.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

In that same retarded part of the US where no one knows how to say "thank you," the local BBQ serves pre-mixed iced tea that comes out of a soda fountain. And charges for refills. Uncivilized bastards.

I liked being a Southerner in New England. Of course, I loved the Celtic influence. I found that the key to happiness as an expatriate Texan in Boston was to never, never try to get Mexican food. I went Italian with the food, Irish with the pints and was just fine.

3. I used to love the Lipton or Nestea stuff when I lived in Ind. but then I came down here and had sweet tea. That pre-packaged stuff tastes like water compared to sweat tea. There's no turning back.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

As a Southerner born and bred, I say it's the best part of the country.

And we have a saying down here in the South, y'all: The roads are just the same going out as coming in.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

No you don't understand. I am a Taxachusetts baby born and bred, but I am a southerner at heart. Must be because I'm a closet racist or something, then again Michale Wilbon would say, "well you do live minutes north of Boston."

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Sorry, the apostrophe goes between y and a. It's a contraction of "you all."

Also, mesquite-smoked brisket (dry rub, sauce on the side), pintos and about a gallon of sweet tea will be the menu for the last meal should I ever wind up on death row.

7. RedSmithClone

No BBQ spaghetti for anyone?

8. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I'm a lifelong Southerner and I hate sweet tea. However, I'll drink the fuck out of iced tea with lime. It's pretty much what I live off of, well, that and water.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"I think that if becoming a Southerner is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

10. What is brisket? I've seen it on menus but was afraid to ask at the risk of some uptight good old boy telling me to go back where I came from.

Also, why the hell can't I find a good ribeye sandwich anywhere around? You'd think they would specialize in 'em.

11. RedSmithClone

[size=10pt]God bless brisket!!!!!!![/size]

12. pallister

pallister Guest

What is brisket? WTF? Go get you some pronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted