1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me. I need to keep neighbor off my lawn.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rico_the_redneck, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

[​IMG]

Great movie.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I like Eastwood's option, too, but in AR-15 instead of his M-1.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

IJAG got me in trouble.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I love neighbor wars. It's so much fun. My entire childhood was spent in a neighborhood where everybody was at war. Over dogs. Over property lines. Over noise. Over choice of insecticide. Over everything.

One of the great joys of life if you have some fun with it and don't take yourself so seriously. Just spend your free time trying to one-up your neighbor, beat them at their own game, get creative.

I know, I know.

Get a life :)

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, it used to drive my dad nuts that a neighbor would mow part of our lawn. The reason? The guy cut the grass so short that it would burn up in the summer and be brown where he cut into our yard.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Some God you turned out to be.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In the avatar, smokin' hot, if skanky. In the post, Ladybird Johnson. Having a little identity crisis there IJAG?

Rico, the low shrub thing, if your 'hood association allows it, sounds like the best solution to the lawn issue. I was coming at it from my view of only caring that my grass not be high enough for an apex predator to hide in. Clearly, others are more exacting in their lawn standards.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You stole my post!

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Novvie, you are SO lucky I adore you. You might be the only person who could call Alyssa skanky and live.

10. novelist_wannabe

I am indeed lucky. :D And I luvs me some Alyssa; I said skanky in only most positive way possible.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, some dude mowing your lawn is not worth getting your blood pressure up. As long as he realizes that it is your yard so there is not future issue, what's the big deal?

How can you get pissed about him calling animal control on your loose dog if you're calling the cops because he is mowing the yard.

It really isn't worth feuding with your neighbors over nothing.

12. novelist_wannabe

Whoever said to invite him over and talk about it over a beer probably had the right idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted