1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me help Marines

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Jun 30, 2012.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Hi, I'm Joe McCune. You might remember me from such SJ events as one-half of the Seattle outing hosts and the story Mr. Jones and Me.

(Programming note: Moddy gave his seal of approval for me to start this thread.)

These days, I'm the writer for the non-profit MarineParents.com, a Marine and Marine family support organization. This fall, I'm competing in the Boot Camp Challenge in San Diego and the Marine Corps Marathon 10k in D.C., and I need to raise $500 for each.

To give you a little more specifics about what we do, this year we have sent more than 2,000 care packages to Marines serving in Afghanistan combat zones -- with 1,800 more to ship on July 28. And we serve meals for Marines and their families at Walter Reed and Naval Medical Center San Diego. And that's just a small part of what my organization does.

If you'd like a little more info about me, here's that link: http://www.teammarineparents.com/manager.asp
    More important, if you'd like to donate, here's that link: https://marineparentsinc.com/tmp.asp

I'm unsure about paypal because this is the first time I've asked for donations. Our phone number is 573-449-2003 if you want to donate by phone.

Thank you.
    Joe

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bump again. Just put in a few bucks, and all of you bastards should too.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Thanks, buck. Figured you might kick a few my way with your brother being a Parris Island survivor and all. Thanks, man.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You figured right. But you started this thread three nights after I closed down Nye's. I'm still recovering and only noticed it now.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Did you puke in Jones' room?

Draft saved Draft deleted