1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me build my music library

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just re-signed up for iTunes after not having it for 2 months and losing my entire library.

So, help me build a new one.

I like a lot of music. From '60s classic rock to some '70s to few '80s to grunge music to rap to Coldplay to the killers and white stripes.

I really don't know any new music beyond those last two and I only know the killers' old album and white stripes' icky thump.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

My starting five (one from each decade):
    '60s: The Velvet Underground & Nico
    '70s: Patti Smith Group, "Horses"
    '80s: Pixies, "Come On Pilgrim"
    '90s: Catherine Wheel, "Ferment"
    '00s: Arcade Fire, "Funeral"

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Boys of Summer, Don Henley.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

this thread may never end.

ok, homeboy ...

oasis is a must - "definitely maybe" and "what's the story morning glory" absolutely necessary.

80s shyte galore.

oingo boingo.

(this is just a start)

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Just get Oasis' greatest hits - Stop The Clocks.

If you like White Stripes, check out the Raconteurs' Consolers of the Lonely and Broken Boy Soldiers. It's Jack White's "side project" and it's awesome.

6. wheateater

wheateater Member

You cannot go wrong with The Verve's "Urban Hymns."

7. Songbird

incorrect on oasis. those 2 albums are as good as any band has had to offer in my music-listening lifetime. lots of songs on those not on that best-of.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just a side note for Raconteurs fans...

The other members of the Raconteurs are Brendan Benson, who's a damn good power-poppish singer/songwriter, and the bass player and drummer from the Greenhornes, a really kick-ass garage/power pop/60's style band. I discovered the Greenhornes through the Raconteurs and now I'm a big fan.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Any Funkadelic albums, but I know these three better than the rest: Maggot Brain, Let's Take It to the Stage, One Nation Under a Groove.

The new Nas, Illmatic, Stillmatic. Metallica's And Justice For All. Cee-Lo's two solo albums. Every Eric B. and Rakim album.

10. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Explosions in the Sky for good writing music.

11. Songbird

every erik b. and rakim album is damn right. rakim is the best rapper there ever was.

12. Songbird

every erik b. and rakim album is damn right. rakim is the best rapper there ever was.

Draft saved Draft deleted