1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help Layman Parlay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Layman, Oct 21, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't have a strong feeling on that game. It's just one that stuck out to me. I figure MSU is gonna fall hard at some point. I'll take a shot.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Find someone who has a good knowledge of mid-level college teams and have them pick three for you. One of the rare places where the oddsmakers don't know what they're talking about. I'm talking about the Toledos and the Western Michigans and the Ball States of the world.

That's the only time I've ever won a parlay, when a friend who covered one of those leagues was advising us.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think Ball State was something like a 26-point underdog not long ago and won. I can't remember how badly they won. I want to say they won handily, but I could be wrong.

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Couple of thoughts:

Arizona is -6.5 vs. Washington (opened -7.5), with Foles out. I like Washington here.

Also Texas Tech-Colorado opened pick, now is Tech -3. Think I may still like Tech.

Anyone have any thoughts on these?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Tech should kill Colorado.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I wouldn't touch Tech as a road favorite

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'd stay away from it as well just because you never know what Colorado team will show up. They actually might rally around Hawkins and the fans will storm the field, which seems to happen anytime they win a game.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

56%+ ATS, long-term . . . just last week, it was SDS over Air Force . . . one minute, they
    were +3, next minute, it was pick . . . closed AF -1, and SDS won the whole game, of course.
    As noted, it's been the source of many major college line moves, over the years.
    I wouldn't follow it blind, but if you like the side it spotlights, you shouldn't feel bad about it.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Even should Sparty survive this week, Iowa IS better, and should take them out professionally,
    especially in Iowa City. Only possible wrinkle is that Iowa has Wisky and Sparty, back-to-back.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Michigan State's history aside, I'd need more than a touchdown to take Northwestern

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A lot of fanboi thinking clouds the reasoning of many, re these kind of issues. I've seen it for years.
    I will almost never back my alma mater. Knowing them, I won't hesitate to go against them in spots in which I believe they'll fail. Hasn't hurt me.

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

That's why I never, EVER, touch Ohio State or Notre Dame. Can't let love and hate cloud the judgment...

Draft saved Draft deleted