1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help jog my memory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 12, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you are including Capel and Grant.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Jim Harrick bounced back from trouble at Rhode Island for a season, then went to Georgia, then got back in trouble.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Altman's actually done it in reverse ... he was at K-State for several years before he went to Creighton.

Rick Majerus revived his career with three years at Ball State before he went to Utah. Of course he coached at Marquette (unsuccessfully) in the early-to-mid 80s.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Stan Heath should give Gary Waters half the money he made at Arkansas. Waters recruited all those kids that took Kent to the Elite 8 before he bolted for Rutgers. Then Heath gets the Arkansas gig. And I agree about Christian ... MAC to the Mountain West is not exactly a step up.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Buzz Peterson: Full circle from App to Tulsa to Tennessee to Coastal Carolina to App.
    Skip Prosser: One year at Loyola (Md.) to Wake.
    Steve Robinson: One or two years at Tulsa to FSU.
    Ben Howland: Couple of years at Northern Arizona to Pitt.

Those who stayed
    Dick Davey at Santa Clara
    Jerry Pimm at UCSB
    Don Haskins at UTEP
    Jim Phelan at Mount St. Mary's

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Didn't Prosser go to Xavier before Wake?

Help me, too, with the flip side. A couple of guys who should have left and paid the price for not? JMU canned Sherman Dillard four years after he was CAA coach of the year. Examples like that.

THANKS. This has been a massive help.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Um, yeah. Prosser just happened to have a seven-year stint at Xavier in between Loyola and Wake.

Draft saved Draft deleted