1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help is on the way

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080425/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_economy

Does anyone feel like this has the tone of dad giving you a couple of dollars as a kid to go buy an treat from the neighborhood ice cream truck?

Eat this...now, doesn't that make you feel better?

Truthfully, does the government really think this is going to sustain the economy for months?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Most of the people I have spoken with have said that they're going to use the rebate to pay bills and put whatever remains in the bank.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Every penny of mine's going to student loans.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This, coupled with the two grand Uncle Sugar sent me out of the blue (he forgot he owed me some travel money), will work nicely in the t_b_f budget.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The economy is lucky that my sister is getting married this summer and I need to buy a present. The rest is going to help finish off the few hundred bucks I have on my credit card. This is a cheap move along the lines of suspension of the gas tax for a summer. This is what our politicians think of us.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This fella's just tickled that America has at last embraced the formal redistribution of wealth.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Then vote every son of a bitch out. No matter the party affiliation.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Have we given politicians a reason to think anything else?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Alas . . . the current conglomaration wasn't instrumental in bringing on the
    prevailing mess.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I look forward to getting some cash.
    With that and income tax returns, it will be pushing a couple grand and that's a fan-fucking-tastic.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Cheap move or not, I'll take that $600. And even if it goes to bills, that frees up the money in some form down the line.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They SHOULD lower the federal gasoline tax. It's an outrage.

Draft saved Draft deleted