1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help - Iphone issues, need recorder-type app STAT!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Freuchen Icepick, Apr 23, 2012.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I use the Made Up Quotes app; never fails to work.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

$15 for the absolute best: http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-TP-7-Telephone-pick-up/dp/B000GU88CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335245616&sr=8-1

Plug it into the "mic" outlet of your recorder. Put the bud in your ear. Press record before you call.

Perfect audio quality, even on a cell phone, on both ends of the call. I SWEAR by this device. Use it on my iPhone all the time.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Since I don't have an iPhone or an iTouch, I may need help on this too.

Do any of these apps work for an iTouch? My click-wheel iPod is slowly circling the drain (no iPhone for me, I can't do touch screens and I'm afraid I'll break it anyway).

I'd like to use my iTouch to do interviews and I'll still have an external microphone. Should I stick with this or can I use an app with the iTouch? The external microphone is a larger one, it plugs in to the port where you would charge the iPod.

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Absolutely the iTouch will do the trick. Same apps I think, unless your touch is so old it's somehow incompatible with the current version of the operating system. Even if that was the case I'd try downloading one of the free apps to see if it works.

5. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Best device ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted